At Sydney International we offer Master of IT, Graduate Diploma in IT and Graduate Certificate in IT courses. The Master of IT offers three specialisations which you can choose from:
We have designed these innovative postgraduate courses so that you can build your career as one of the following:
- Cyber security specialist
- Data Analyst
- Network engineer
- Business Analyst
- Systems Administrator
- Systems Analyst
- Web Administrator
- Web Developer
- Database Administrator
- ICT Manager
- ICT Project Manager
- ICT Trainer
- Chief Information Officer
1. Postgraduate degree courses
1.1 General admission
- have attained 18 years of age on commencement of studies
- Australian Bachelor’s degree qualifications or;
- International Bachelor qualifications or equivalent; or
- Relevant Work Experience in a relevant cognate field for a minimum of two years and completed within the last 3 years. Applicants will have to demonstrate work experience is relevant to the course, current, and equivalent to the learning outcomes achieved in a Bachelor degree in the same discipline as the proposed Post Graduate Program. Students will provide this evidence in the form of a written reference from their current workplace outlining their current duties and how they are relevant to the Masters program.
- Any credit will be granted under the SISTC Credit Transfer and Advanced Standing Policy.
1.2 International Students
Applicants require proof of English language proficiency. The following results are required, and the date of the result must be no greater than 2 years from the date of application:
- IELTS Academic: 6.5 with no band less than 6.0; or
- TOEFL: 575 or better; or
- TOEFL IBT (International Benchmark Test): 91 or better; or
- TOEFL CBT (Computer Based Test): 235 or better; or
- Academic PTE (Pearson Test of English): 58 or better; or
- Cambridge English: CAE and CPE (from 2015): 176 or better; or
- General Certificate of Education (GCE): A Levels with a C or better in English; or
- KITE: all bands B2 with a result greater than 450 in each band; or
- Duolingo: overall 115 with no band less than 110.
1.2 Special or Alternative Entry Requirements
In exceptional circumstances the School may admit applicants without these qualifications who, in the opinion of the School, have qualifications and evidence of experience and achievement sufficient to successfully undertake the award. These may include:
- a minimum of five years’ relevant work experience, which includes at least three years’ management experience, or significant technical experience
- completion of an Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree (AQF Level 6) or learning equivalent to an AQF Level 6 qualification and at least three years’ relevant work experience
- completion of the Graduate Certificate stage at SISCT (or equivalent at a recognised HEP or University)
- any other entry pathway where SISTC can demonstrate that the candidate has the appropriate English language proficiency, academic knowledge and acumen to successfully complete the course in which they enrol.
Get our latest application tips and information on courses, scholarships, and upcoming events.
Fill out our enquiry form and our team will be in touch to provide support.Ask a question